Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rising Cost of Living: Danger to us all...

Again, it has been a long time since i opened this blog, but I cannot prevent myself from writing this one.

To think about it, I can feel how the grip of inflation is strangling my neck and ours. God, what happened?

I came across one ads in the paper, Berita Harian today about some investment scheme for retirement, about how your children cannot, in the future, support you as everything when it comes to money is not the same as before, the money the we and/or they get is not enough for them alone.

I find that nowadays, its very difficult to secure a job, a decent one. Even if you've secured one in my field, law, still, it cannot in some ways, accommodates you - comforts. I heard, salary for a lawyer, beginning is only around RM 2,000-00. Think again, you might want to buy a car, a house, insurance (life, car-related, and others), utility(s)' costs, and daily consumption. Looking at these, you think how much a person can save for a month from what he gets?

Tun Dr. Mahathir recently said that, raising the income of the mass - has its drawbacks, specifically on the devaluating of our currency. He proposes that it's not the salary of the mass that should be increased but, the capability of our legal tender (money) to afford more things than what it can afford now. Seriously, I'm missing on this, hope, anyone can explain how it works.

I've also came across this notion of expansionary monetary policy, where the government spend for material developments so that the economy grows, opening more opportunities to the people to work and have more money.

I've also came across that people say, now there are too many players already in any business field, which makes a person who try from scratch to be a big one, is totally difficult. I say this is a bad luck to the current young generations.

It's disappointing to hear all of these, one man also said to me, nowadays the best thing to do is, to get a job and not to do business. He said, it's better one obtains a secured income and with moderate spending, so that saving is a reality. This is to me so discouraging, I don't know how to put it.

All in all, I don't know what I am trying to say, what is clear to me is that, "alamak, susahla macam ni"...

No comments:

Post a Comment